There are people who would love to have your bad days.
It's easy in this time of stress and crisis that we get the blues about our lives, we focus on all that's "wrong" or not the way we want it instead of looking around at all the things that are right, how fortunate we are and how 90% of the rest of the people in the world would trade places with you in a heartbeat.
Is this selfish to think that we are the only ones that have bad days or that our days are worse than others? No, it's totally natural. However, we need to have the awareness to get out of our own heads and think to ourselves "Ok, this situation sucks, but I am still so fortunate to have (insert 3 things you are grateful for) and this bad day will pass " As I shared earlier in the week that practicing gratitude is a game changer and total mood enhancer.
There is a quote that I love that says, "Every storm runs out of rain" this quote has stuck with me. And guess what happens after a storm? A rainbow appears. Keep that in mind. It will always get better & brighter. We just have to withstand the storm.
How can we combat the "bad days" mentality?
Here are 9 tips to break out of the funk.
- Take a breath. Like a really slow deep one. Breath in for 5 seconds, hold it for 2 and let it out for 5 seconds.
- Take inventory of what you have in life.
- Be realistic. Exercise your rational brain over emotional brain.
- Stop the blame. Don't look for someone to take the blame, it does no good & wastes your energy.
- Unplug. Ditch your phone, get outside, take a walk..even 10 minutes can make a big difference.
- If you feel like you need to cry- have a good cry, give yourself 10 mins then breath deep and go about your day.
- Look for the lesson you can learn from it.
- Eat a healthy meal and workout- this self care will help you center back to yourself and feel good.
- Remember that bad days don't last. They only last as long as we allow them too.
I hope these tips help you. Paired with gratitude and the proper mindset you will give that bad day the middle finger and leave it in the dust.