- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts tenderized to make even thickness
- Dash of salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ⅓ Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup red onion, diced
- 5 Tablespoons of fresh basil
- 1/2 Cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh parmesan cheese shreds
1) Season grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
2) Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with salt, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
3) Place seasoned chicken in pan and cook for 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature is 165*F, then remove from grill pan, place on a plate, and let rest.
4) While the chicken is grilling, combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan on high heat. Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer 5–7 minutes to cook, until thick.
5) In a medium bowl, combine red onion, basil, and tomatoes. Scoop onto each chicken breast.
6) Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top and serve.
- Makes 2 servings
- Serving size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 589mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 30g