Growing up, on Sundays we would usually have fried chicken or a roast. A slow cooker roast is unbelievably delicious and always reminds me of my childhood. :-) Not to mention- the leftovers are amazing too!
- 1-3lb beef chuck roast
- 1.5lbs red potatoes
- 3C Carrots coarsely chopped or whole baby carrots.
- 1-2oz packet of dried onion soup mix
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Place roast in crock-pot. Sprinkle top and sides of roast with dry onion soup mix.
2) Place potatoes around the bottom of the roast then top with carrots. Sprinkle salt and pepper around the vegetables.
3) Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH 4-6 hours (I recommend LOW if you have the time...makes it EXTRA good :)
- Serves: 6
- Nutrition per serving (8oz beef, 1/4lb potatoes & 1/2C Carrots)
- Calories: 468
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 54g
- Carbs: 36g