Protein Blueberry Muffins
3/4 C Gluten Free Flour
3/4C Level-1 Protein Powder
1C old fashioned oats (don't use the quick oats)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2C *Sugar substitute (Splenda,Truvia, Honey, Maple syrup..or you can use regular sugar)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
1/2C cold/cool water
1C frozen blueberries (using frozen prevents them from falling to the bottom of the muffin while baking)
1) Preheat oven to 350*
2) Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners
3) In a mixing bowl stir together all the dry ingredients except the blueberries
4) Add the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir well with a spoon just until combined. You don't want to over stir it.
5) Add in the blueberries and gently fold them in.
6) Scoop batter into the muffin tin cups and fill 3/4 full.
7) Bake for 15-18 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
8) Remove from oven and let rest 2-3 min then place the muffins on cooling rack.
9) Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Nutrition per muffin (these numbers are based on using Splenda as the sugar subsitute)
Makes 12 Muffins
Bake & Tag!