Gravy has my heart. Growing up on the farm when we would have turkey or roast I would smother my potatoes in gravy then lay out 2 pieces of sandwich bread and cover it in gravy too and have a gravy & bread open face sandwich...funny but I'm 1000% serious! :-)
Rich Turkey Gravy
- 1/4C all purpose flour (more as needed to thicken to your liking)
- 1/4C turkey drippings (scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the little bits out)
- 2C water -2 Chicken bouillon cubes
1) In a skillet over medium heat, whisk the flour with turkey drippings until smooth then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently until dark brown, about 10mins.
2) Stir in the water and bouillon cubes and simmer until the cubes have dissolved and the gravy is thickened and smooth.
Note: You will need to wait until the turkey is done baking to make the gravy. This is always the very last thing I prepare before we eat. To increase the recipe size, simply add more flour and water.