- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
2t diced green onions (green & light green portion)
1t Worcestershire sauce
1/4t cayenne pepper
1/2t sea salt
1t red pepper flakes
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
8 romaine lettuce leaves
1) In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except lettuce leaves.
2) Form into 4 patties.
3) Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Place burgers in pan and let burgers cook 3-4 mins per side.
4) Remove from skillet and allow burgers to rest for 5 mins to let all the flavorful juices absorb back into the meat.
5) Use 2 Romaine leaves, folded in half as a bun. Top with any additional toppings you desire.
6) This is a great low carb, flavorful meal!
- Makes 4 burgers
- Nutrition per burger:
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 8.25g
- Carbs: 2g
- Protein: 24g
Tips for a more robust burger:
Allow meat to sit at room temperature before cooking (approx 30-40min)
Do not overwork the meat. Form patties gently and carefully. The more you pound and flatten the burger, the tougher it will be.
Avoid using your spatula to “flatten” the burger in the skillet. Doing this forces out all of those delicious juices and flavors.
Flip burgers once. This “once and done” method creates a more tender burger.